57 Leaf Clover
|57 Leaf Clover|
|Luck is on your side.|
|All random effects are rolled +1 (+1 per stack) times for a favorable outcome.|
|Unlock||The Long Road|
The 57 Leaf Clover is an item in Risk of Rain 2. It is the counter-item to PurityReduce your skill cooldowns by 2 seconds. You are unlucky.
All skill cooldowns are reduced by 2 (+1 per stack) seconds. All random effects are rolled +1 (+1 per stack) times for an unfavorable outcome..
It affects all random effects other than Tougher TimesChance to block incoming damage.
15% (+15% per stack) chance to block incoming damage. Unaffected by luck.. For each 57 leaf clover, if a successful proc is not achieved on a roll, it will be rolled one additional time, repeated again equal to the number of clovers the player has.
For example, a player has one item, the chance to proc it is 20%, and has one 57 Leaf Clover. If the player attacks, and the item does not proc, the roll will be done once more, as the player has one clover.
Successes are measured per effect, not in a whole, so if one item roll is successful, other items that were triggered by the same proc, will continue to roll if unsuccessful.
While the mechanic may be daunting, note that since items from chests are created on world seed, clover does not affect them.
Math[edit | edit source]
In order to calculate proc probability with clovers, the following equation can be used:
y = 1 - (1 - p)^(x + 1)
- p = total item proc chance (0-1)
- x = the number of clovers in the player's inventory.
- y = new item proc chance (0-1) with x amount of clovers
The inverse of the equation, that is to say the number of clovers required to achieve a certain proc probability, is:
x = log(1 - y) / log(1 - p) - 1
Interaction with Purity[edit | edit source]
In the game code, the number of clovers is referred to as "Luck" with each clover giving +1 luck. There are no other means of acquiring positive Luck. This means that Luck and number of Clovers are interchangeable. Negative Luck is also supported, and can be obtained via the Lunar item PurityReduce your skill cooldowns by 2 seconds. You are unlucky.
All skill cooldowns are reduced by 2 (+1 per stack) seconds. All random effects are rolled +1 (+1 per stack) times for an unfavorable outcome.. Positive and Negative Luck will cancel each other out, and thus an equal number of Clovers and Purity will equate to 0 Luck.
The game runs a proc chance
Abs(Luck) times, where Luck is the total amount after Clovers (positive) & Purities (negative) are applied.
If the player has 7 Clovers and 5 Purity, the 5 Purity will cancel out 5 of the Clovers, resulting in 2 luck, the proc chance will be rolled two additional times for a positive outcome. If the amount of each item is switched, resulting in -2 luck, the proc chance will be rolled two additional times for a negative outcome; this can also be seen as the proc chance needing to roll successful three times for it to proc, (once for the initial roll and two more for each negative luck).
Exhaustive List of Clover Effects[edit | edit source]
This does not affect chest spawns, chest outcome, shrine chances, shrine outcomes, and the chance for an Artifact KeyA stone shard with immense power. to drop.
Survivor Effects[edit | edit source]
- Critical Strike chance. Survivors have a base 1.0% critical strike chance.
- Artificer's chance to ignite with Flamethrower.
Item Effects[edit | edit source]
- Spinel Tonic'sGain a massive boost to ALL stats. Chance to gain an affliction that reduces ALL stats.
Drink the Tonic, gaining a boost for 20 seconds. Increases damage by +100%. Increases attack speed by +70%. Increases armor by +20. Increases maximum health by +50%. Increases passive health regeneration by +300%. Increases movespeed by +30%.
When the Tonic wears off, you have a 20% chance to gain a Tonic Affliction, reducing all of your stats by -5% (-5% per stack). chance to get an Affliction. A single Clover reduces the chance from 20% to 4%.
- Stun Grenade'sChance to stun on hit.
5% (+5% on stack) chance on hit to stun enemies for 2 seconds. chance to proc.
- Tri-Tip Dagger'sChance to bleed enemies on hit.
15% (+15% per stack) chance to bleed an enemy for 240% base damage. chance to proc.
- Brittle Crown'sGain gold on hit... BUT lose gold on getting hit.
30% chance on hit to gain 2 (+2 per stack) gold. Scales over time.
Lose gold on taking damage equal to 100% (+100% per stack) of the maximum health percentage you lost. chance to gain gold.
- Ukulele's...and his music was electric.
25% chance to fire chain lightning for 80% TOTAL damage on up to 3 (+2 per stack) targets within 20m (+2m per stack). chance to proc.
- Sentient Meat Hook'sChance to hook all nearby enemies.
20% (+20% per stack) chance on hit to fire homing hooks at up to 10 (+5 per stack) enemies for 100% TOTAL damage. chance to proc.
- Sticky Bomb'sChance on hit to attach a bomb to enemies.
5% (+5% per stack) chance on hit to attach a bomb to an enemy, detonating for 180% TOTAL damage. chance to proc.
- AtG Missile Mk. 1'sChance to fire a missile.
10% chance to fire a missile that deals 300% (+300% per stack) TOTAL damage. chance to proc.
- Bandolier'sChance on kill to drop an ammo pack that resets all skill cooldowns.
18% (+10% per stack) chance on kill to drop an ammo pack that resets all skill cooldowns. chance to drop an ammo pack.
- Happiest Mask'sChance on killing an enemy to summon a ghost.
Killing enemies has a 7% chance to spawn a ghost of the killed enemy with 1500% damage. Lasts 30s (+30s per stack). chance to spawn a ghost.
- Old War Stealthkit'sTurn invisible on taking heavy damage.
Chance on taking damage to gain 40% movement speed and invisibility for 3s (+1.5s per stack). Chance increases the more damage you take. chance to cloak the player.
- Ghor's Tome'sChance on kill to drop a treasure.
4% (+4% on stack) chance on kill to drop a treasure worth $25. Scales over time. chance to drop a gold bag.
- Molten Perforator'sChance on hit to fire magma balls.
10% chance on hit to call forth 3 magma balls from an enemy, dealing 300% (+300% per stack) damage each. chance to fire magma balls.
Gameplay Effects[edit | edit source]
- Monster Logs.
- Elite equipment drop chance.
Monster Effects[edit | edit source]
- If a monster acquires Critical Strike chance, this chance is affected by the Clover. Monsters have 0% base critical strike chance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item is a reference to an item in Risk of Rain, called 56 Leaf Clover.
- Before the Artifacts update, the unreleased code for the Artifact of Sacrifice would check for the luck of the killer. This is no longer the case.
- Before the full release of Risk of Rain 2, the Runald's BandHigh damage hits also blasts enemies with runic ice. Recharges over time.
Hits that deal more than 400% damage also blasts enemies with a runic ice blast, slowing them by 80% for 3s (+3s per stack) and dealing 250% (+250% per stack) TOTAL damage. Recharges every 10 seconds. and Kjaro's BandHigh damage hits also blasts enemies with a runic flame tornado. Recharges over time.
Hits that deal more than 400% damage also blasts enemies with a runic flame tornado, dealing 300% (+300% per stack) TOTAL damage over time. Recharges every 10 seconds. were affected by the Luck stat, and therefore were more likely to proc when the player had a clover. That is no longer the case as the 1.0 update revamped both bands.
- On the PS4 edition tougher times is affected by luck.