|Lunar Seer Quote|
|You dream of waves, crashing on cliffsides.|
Spires of earth jut through the fog and unknown avian creatures circle far peaks guarding their broods.
There are currently two variants of Distant Roost.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Lesser Wisp
- Jellyfish (only after Looping)
- Stone Golem
- Greater Wisp
- Beetle Queen
- Stone Titan
- Wandering Vagrant
Newt Altars[edit | edit source]
The Newt Altars can spawn at several locations for each variant of the Distant Roost.
- Original Variant Locations.
- Located down the gap near the land bridge, atop the bigger rock protruding from the wall.
- Behind the rock located on the upper ledge of the island.
- Within the door area, behind the fallen pillar and next to the mossy rock.
- Altered Variant Locations
- Atop the arch within the cave.
- Within the door area, at the very edge to the left.
- Located under the several smaller land bridges.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Each variant of the stage has a big stone door that may be opened or closed. If opened, it gives access to a new area where chests, a Newt Altar and/or a Teleporter can spawn. If closed, no chest will spawn in the locked area.
- Towards the distant edges of the map, there are flying, passive monsters that can be killed with certain long-range abilities, such as MUL-T's Rebar Puncher and Commando's Phase Round. They have 1 health, and do not provide gold or experience when killed.
- The internal development name for Distant Roost is Black Beach.
- The remains of a Colossus from the original Risk of Rain can be seen outside the edge of the alternative variant of the stage.
- A Chat with the Makers of Risk of Rain 2 (Hopoo Games) https://youtu.be/j0Mpqfl3L50?t=4759