|Chance to 'Critically Strike', dealing double damage.|
|Your attacks have a 10% (+10% per stack) chance to 'Critically Strike', dealing double damage.|
The Lens-Maker's Glasses are a returning item in Risk of Rain 2. It increases your Critical Strike chance by 10% for every stack. Critical Strikes are reflected by a sharper hit sound and a red tint on the damage numbers if they are enabled.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lens-Maker's Glasses have an effective stacking limit of 10. At 10, a 100% Critical Strike chance will have been achieved, effectively doubling your damage output.
- Stacking beyond 10 Lens-Maker's Glasses will not increase Critical Strike chance or damage any further. It is not possible to perform 'double', 'triple' et cetera Critical Strikes, so any Lens-Maker's Glasses collected after achieving 100% Critical Strike chance are effectively useless.
- While the effective limit is 10 Lens-Maker's Glasses, it is wise to stop stacking at 9. The first stack of Predatory Instincts'Critical Strikes' increase attack speed. Stacks 3 times.
Gain 5% critical chance. Critical strikes increase attack speed by 12%. Maximum cap of 36% (+24% per stack) attack speed., Harvester's Scythe'Critical Strikes' heal you.
Gain 5% critical chance. Critical strikes heal for 8 (+4 per stack) health. and ShatterspleenCritical strikes always bleed enemies. Bleeding enemies now explode.
Gain 5% critical chance. Critical Strikes bleed enemies for 240% base damage. Bleeding enemies explode on death for 400% (+400% per stack) damage, plus an additional 15% (+15% per stack) of their maximum health. all grant an unspecificed 5% increase to Critical Strike chance, so holding at least two of the three items acts a substitute for a single Lens-Maker's Glasses.
- Critical Strike chance is affected by Luck.
- Critical Strike applies to the damage dealt by active items such as Royal CapacitorCall down a lightning strike on a targeted monster.
Call down a lightning strike on a targeted monster, dealing 3000% damage and stunning nearby monsters..
- Critical Strike chance is not affected by the damage source's Proc Coefficient. As an example, those using MUL-T's Auto-Nailgun will not have to collect additional Lens-Maker's Glasses to compensate for the skill's lowered chance to proc.
- Critical Strikes are calcuated after items like Focus CrystalDeal bonus damage to nearby enemies.
Increase damage to enemies within 13m by 15% (+15% per stack). and Shaped GlassDouble your damage... BUT halve your health.
Increase base damage by 100% (+100% per stack). Reduce maximum health by 50% (+50% per stack)., doubling their effectiveness as well.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Predatory Instincts'Critical Strikes' increase attack speed. Stacks 3 times.
Gain 5% critical chance. Critical strikes increase attack speed by 12%. Maximum cap of 36% (+24% per stack) attack speed.' lore entry alludes to players stacking Lens-Maker's Glasses in Risk of Rain 1, claiming that the creature that killed Providence, the final boss of the game, had "22 unblinking, crimson eyes".
- In Risk of Rain 1 Lens-Maker's Glasses did not grant a 10% increase to Critical Strike chance, but rather 7%. Reaching 100% Critical Strike chance required 14 Lens-Maker's Glasses.