Availability[edit | edit source]
The official OST is currently available for purchase on Bandcamp. Early versions of the tracks were released during development in the Early Access OST, which is not available for purchase anymore (original Bandcamp link).
Track list[edit | edit source]
The album contains 20 official tracks:
- Through a Cloud, Darkly (1:59)
- Risk of Rain 2 (05:22)
- Evapotranspiration (05:01)
- Thermodynamic Equilibrium (05:18)
- Terra Pluviam (7:41)
- Köppen As Fuck (05:48)
- Disdrometer (06:51)
- Into the Doldrums (05:11)
- A Glacier Eventually Farts (And Don't You Listen to the Song of Life) (05:11)
- Nocturnal Emission (04:52)
- The Dehydration of Risk of Rain 2 (04:58)
- Parjanya (02:54)
- Hydrophobia (02:47)
- Antarctic Oscillation (06:27)
- The Rain Formerly Known as Purple (07:55)
- The Raindrop that Fell to the Sky (11:38)
- You're Gonna Need a Bigger Ukulele (4:58)
- ...con lentitud poderosa (4:50)
- Petrichor V (11:27)
- Lacrimosum (3:03)
The album also contains 4 bonus tracks:
- Monsoon 2.0 (01:33)
- Monsoon 2.0 (radio edit) (00:48)
- Monsoon 2.0 (alternate version) (01:33)
- A Glacier Eventually Farts [in-game version] (5:09)
Integration[edit | edit source]
The tracks can be classified in two categories: the Stage tracks, used as background music when exploring a level, and the Boss tracks, used during a Teleporter Event. Boss tracks, just like Stage tracks, are tied to the stage they are played on and not to the Boss spawned by the Teleporter.
Stage Tracks[edit | edit source]
- Evapotranspiration is used on Distant Roost.
- Terra Pluviam is used on Abandoned Aqueduct and Abyssal Depths.
- Disdrometer is used on Titanic Plains and Scorched Acres.
- Into the Doldrums is used on Rallypoint Delta, Sundered Grove and Gilded Coast.
- A Glacier Eventually Farts (And Don't You Listen to the Song of Life) is used on Void Fields.
- Nocturnal Emission is used on Wetland Aspect.
- Parjanya is used on Bazaar Between Time.
- The Rain Formerly Known as Purple is used on Sky Meadow.
- The Raindrop that Fell to the Sky is used on Siren's Call and Bulwark's Ambry.
- ...con lentitud poderosa is used on Commencement.
- Petrichor V is used on A Moment, Fractured and A Moment, Whole.
Boss Tracks[edit | edit source]
- Thermodynamic Equilibrium is used on Titanic Plains, Distant Roost and Abandoned Aqueduct.
- Köppen As Fuck is used on Wetland Aspect, Scorched Acres and Siren's Call.
- Hydrophobia is used on Rallypoint Delta, Abyssal Depths and Sundered Grove.
- Antarctic Oscillation is used on Sky Meadow.
- You're Gonna Need a Bigger Ukulele is used on Commencement.
Others[edit | edit source]
- Through a Cloud, Darkly is used in the cinematic intro of the game.
- Risk of Rain 2 is used in the main menu and is the main theme of the game.
- The Dehydration of Risk of Rain 2 is a variation of the main theme used in the Logbook.
- Lacrimosum is used in the outro cinematic and the end credits of the game.
- Monsoon 2.0 is featured in the official cinematic trailer released in August 2019 and available on the Nintendo, Playstation and Xbox official Youtube channels.
Motifs[edit | edit source]
Along with the basic Risk of Rain leitmotif that is found throughout both soundtracks, a number of songs also borrow motifs from the first Risk of Rain soundtrack, or even other songs in RoR2:
|Risk of Rain 2 song||Inspiration|
|Risk of Rain 2||Risk of Rain (RoR)|
|The Dehydration of Risk of Rain 2||Risk of Rain 2 (RoR2)|
|Antarctic Oscillation||Arctic Oscillation (RoR)|
|The Rain Formerly Known as Purple||Chanson d'Automne.. (RoR)|
|You're Gonna Need a Bigger Ukulele||Double Fucking Rainbow (RoR)|
|...con lentitud poderosa||Coalescence (RoR)|
|Lacrimosum||...con lentitud poderosa (RoR2)|
|Monsoon 2.0||Monsoon (RoR)|
- The Rain Formerly Known as Purple features the guitar solo from "Purple Rain," a song by the late artist Prince.
- The ending of Terra Pluviam samples "Mission to the Asteroid" from the 1995 game The Dig.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Köppen As Fuck was added with the Scorched Acres update.
- The Raindrop that Fell to the Sky was added with the Skills 2.0 update.
- A Glacier Eventually Farts (And Don't You Listen to the Song of Life) was added with the Hidden Realms update. The voice featured on the track (but not present in-game) is the one of Werner Herzog from the "making-of" documentary film Burden of Dreams (1982). The name of the track is a quote from Werner Herzog's Minnesota Declaration.
- Antarctic Oscillation and The Rain Formerly Known as Purple were added with the Artifacts update. The latter was initialy called The Rain Previously Known as Purple.
- Through a Cloud, Darkly, You're Gonna Need a Bigger Ukulele, ...con lentitud poderosa and Lacrimosum were added with the 1.0 update.