|Convert all your health into shield. Increase maximum health.|
|Convert all but 1 health into regenerating shields. Gain 50% (+25% per stack) maximum health.|
Transcendence is a new item in Risk of Rain 2. On pickup, it replaces all but one of the player's health into rechargeable shields, which can be regenerated over 2 seconds after avoiding damage for 7 seconds. Any health gained afterwards by leveling up or picking up items will be converted into shield.
Because shields cannot be healed outside of recharging naturally, healing items become non-essential. However, N'kuhana's OpinionFire haunting skulls when healed.
Store 100% (+100% per stack) of healing as Soul Energy. After your Soul Energy reaches 10% of your maximum health, fire a skull that deals 250% of your Soul Energy as damage. continues to store healing by using the new shield-based maximum health for all calculations.
Tougher Times will allow the user to have a chance to recharge shields in combat. Stacking 5 Old War StealthkitsTurn invisible on taking heavy damage.
Chance on taking damage to gain 40% movement speed and invisibility for 3s (+1.5s per stack). Chance increases the more damage you take. will guarantee the user enough time while cloaked to regain their shields out of danger.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This item should be avoided in conjunction with the Bustling FungusHeal all nearby allies after standing still for 2 seconds.
After standing still for 2 seconds, create a zone that heals for 4.5% (+2.25% per stack) of your health every second to all allies within 3m (+1.5m per stack). as the Engineer, as it will annul the synergy between the turrets, and the Fungi.
- You will take fall damage based on max health and can die if your max health and shields combined is exactly 1.
- InfusionKilling an enemy permanently increases your health, up to 100.
Killing an enemy increases your health permanently by 1 (+1 per stack), up to a maximum of 100 (+100 per stack) health. will give up to 150 shields instead upon picking up this item.
- This item should be avoided at all costs as REX, as it will completely remove its ability to leech health. Due to its focus on damaging itself to attack, Transcendence is colloquially known as a run killer as this survivor.
- While you can still receive the debuff, the survivor becomes functionally immune to the on-hit effects of Malachite Elites with this item, as shield regen isn't considered "healing".
Lore[edit | edit source]
You are trying your best to survive. You consider yourself a fast learner. You have been feeling lucky. You have been experiencing feelings of deja vu. If you understand, do not read the next paragraph. You are taking control of your own beliefs. You feel familiar in unfamiliar environments. You have been gaining an intuition for experiences you've never had. You ponder a past life. If you understand, do not read the next paragraph. You find yourself searching for things that never have been. You miss things you have never had. You play characters that have never lived. You have been experiencing feelings of deja vu. If you understand, do not read the next paragraph. You have revealed my hand. Because you have consumed this information, the [observers] will now consume it in time. If you are reading this paragraph, I will be long dead, but in turn you have freed me. I will no longer exist in my universe. There will be no proof that I ever was - but I exist now in yours. I have escaped my suffering. Keep me safe. I hope you do not understand.